Brief Description: Raffles Intensive English
aim to accommodate students who cannot commit on weekdays. This is a 12-week program designed for students in the lower and upper-intermediate level.
Suggested Structure: This program is aligned to the regular REP classes. Since these classes are held on Saturdays, students are expected to attend two periods (6 hours) per meeting.
Total number of Hours: 72 hours (12 Saturdays)
Note: The regular REP is 99 hours. For Saturday classes, Video Activity Days are removed. Instead, it shall be given as homework.
Time: 10:00am-1:00pm and 2pm-5pm
Classes to be opened: Level 3 and Level 4
Possible teachers: Martin or Olivia
Saturday’s @ Raffles is FUN! (Possible start: December 2017)
Title: Basic Acting Workshop for Teens
Target: 13-20 years old
- Equip students with the practical and theoretical aspects of acting
- Engage students in fun and meaningful activities
- Arouse the imagination, emotion, and intellect of the student-actor by making him/her aware of the transforming power and universality of theatre and the skills required to achieve excellence in performance.
Award: Certificate of Achievement, Certificate of Merit (for outstanding Student)
- At least Level 4 English proficiency (to be determined by the placement test)
Title: Speak Up! (A workshop on confident speaking)
- Enhance the ability to speak English in various situations
- Gain fluency and confidence through guided practice
- Frame grammatically correct English when speaking
Award: Certificate of Completion
- At least Level 3 English proficiency (to be determined by the placement test)